Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Readers are Challenging Themselves

After School Reading Club
First Published 2/13/17
He checked out these books and chose,  Afternoon on the Amazon as his next book.


4/18/17 Finished his first chapter book! Dinosaurs Before Dark 2.6 Reading Level

When asked, What helped With My Reading. He responded, “You!” I can figure out the words and I can sound them out."

After School Reading Club ~ He read 900 words!
March 13th read 1,032 words. In September read 3.0 books and now reading 16.0 leveled books!
Another Reading Club


His hard work is paying off and reading a chapter in each session. 
March 9th, He finished the chapter book, I Survived. In September read 6.0 leveled books and now reading chapter books at 3.9 Reading Level!
What helped With My Reading.Went to reading everyday. We read. A classmate shared, "He wanted to go to reading instead of P. E.." He read 2 chapters yesterday!


Now his reading,
I Survived the Sinking of the Titanic, 1912
When picking him up for his reading group, he was reading next to the books in the classroom.  If he leaves his book, he'll return and bring it home.



His now using 2 fingers to read the sentence below. My Life in Dog Years by Gary Paulsen




































No comments:

Post a Comment