Wednesday, January 25, 2017

Our Next Story takes place in Alaska

The next story takes place in Alaska. 
We live in southeast Alaska but our state is vast. To build a background knowledge of life in the Arctic. I'll be adding to this site. Enjoy your visit.
Jacob Ahwinona talks about the Native role in gold mining in Nome. Interview
"You ask those old-timers, the Eskimo, they taught me, they got unwritten laws they taught me. Eskimos have unwritten laws, they pass on down generations. My great great grandpa passed them to my grandpa and my grandpa passed them to my dad, and my dad passed them on to me."

Northern Lights Legend
Pairing this with Two Old Women, an Athabascan legend passed along from mother to daughter for many questions on the upper Yukon River in Alaska. 


An amazing story!



Tales and Traditions of the Eskimo

Traditional Knowledge






No comments:

Post a Comment