Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Art of Comprehension: Actively Reading Text

Key Ideas and Details:



Refer to details and examples in a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Quote accurately from a text when explaining what the text says explicitly and when drawing inferences from the text.
Students are reading independently. Each quadrant was numbered 1-8
Begin with #2 and #6
The Art of Comprehension: Actively Reading Text (First Page to use with a new chapter or book)
1. In this chapter I think . . . (Predicting/Inferring)
2. In my mind I see . . . (Visualization)
3. This reminds me of . . . (Making Connections
4. I wonder . . . (Questioning)
5. I think the most important thing . . . (Main Idea)
6. In 10 words or less . . .  (Summarizing) 
7. After reading the chapter, my original prediction . . . (Checking predictions)
8. My favorite part of this chapter was . . . (Making judgements)
First Page



No comments:

Post a Comment