Thursday, February 18, 2016

Why Do I Like Poetry?

Why do I like Poetry?
  • Reading Poetry helps me to stop and ponder.
  • Reading Poetry makes me laugh.
  • Reading Poetry makes me cry.   
 Why is Poetry? 
 "Is like you make stuff up when you write," shared Jason.
"Like reading a story," said Tobin.
"Rhyming kind of," replied Isaac. 
"Something that comes from the heart," said Hayley.
"Poems are sometimes about what happens in your life," shared Sheriel.
"Where you express feelings," shared Jay. 
"About Memories," said Brenton  
"Something you can express," shared George.
"Rhyming words and expressing your feelings," said Jeannie.
 
 

 
    • Reading Poetry helps me to stop and ponder.
    • Reading Poetry makes me laugh.
    • Reading Poetry makes me cry. 

Students are selecting a poem to share. We shared a few examples and sites.
 I-wish-my-parents-told-me
Things You Don't Need to Know
Surviving the Bull Ride

[I will continue to update our poems and links]
 I lost a childhood friend to a drunk driver. I've tried reading this poem without crying. Can't
Death of An Innocent


My Resource poetry_april-is-poetry-month/

No comments:

Post a Comment