- Write the words listed below in your notebook.
- Record 2 other words that are similar (synonyms).
- Use Visuword a visual dictionary and thesaurus as a resource.
- Having difficulty, "Maybe the word is not spelled right," a student shared.
Type your word in the top right hand search bar.
Look at the succeeding colors to clarify the type of words. Visuwords Directions
The purpose of the Frayer Model (Frayer, 1969; Buehl, 2001) is to identify and define unfamiliar vocabulary.
- Think out loud as you try to come up with examples and non examples.
- The model helps students understand words in context.
- Practice the strategies is solo or in pairs.