Tuesday, November 12, 2013

When You Walk into the Long House . . .

A student said, "You can put it on the blog." AH. They were writing descriptive paragraphs.

When you walk into the long house its like our ancestors are still there watching us dance. When you touch a blanket it feels like silk it’s also so warm. When you’re outside you can still hear the drums and the proud singing dancers. Then when we’re dancing you can see the crowed enjoying the dance and clapping. So if you come here you have to watch us dance. If you ever go to a potlatch you have to try fried bread. When they’ re making it the scent drifts through out the room. When I taste my sister’s fried bread it makes me melt because it’s so good.  Some times the reason we’re having a potlatch is because some one made a totem pole. They make them look so proud and when I touch it feels like I’m touching my ancestors.  You also see the little kids having so much fun and laughing to. I think all the dancers are having fun and dancing because it’s their heritage. So if you ever come here you have to watch us dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment