Saturday, October 12, 2013

Damen Bell-Holter


"Sounds like Met."

Students are reading Damen's story.



Click on the Article by Kevin_OConner
Damen Bell-Holter wasn't supposed to get the opportunity to play in the NBA.
Number 40 See on FB Blessed2BlessBasketball
Into the game!
Bell-Holter grew up in Hydaburg, Alaska, a small village with a population of about 350 people. Statistically, he should still be living there. Instead, the 6-foot-9, 245-pound power forward out of Oral Roberts University will now be playing with the Boston Celtics in training camp and preseason. Retrieved from Kevin OConner
Hydaburg, Alaska where Damen grew up

 
     Pressure created by David Macjones

Damen's FB Post: Played in my first NBA game tonight. I can't even explain how it felt.. I was the first Native American to play in an NBA game and it's extremely humbling to know how many of you are behind me right now. To even say that I'm with an NBA team right now is so unreal. I've been doubted so long and I just want kids to realize that no matter what, NEVER give up your dream. If a kid from a town of 350 in Alaska can chase his dreams.. Why can't you? That goes to everyone. I love all of my supporters and I'm only gonna keep working. 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment