Monday, September 30, 2013

Sign of the Beaver by Elizabeth George Speare

Sign of the Beaver
Purchase the Book A reading group decided to read this book for several reasons:
1) It looked interesting.[Student looked at the Intro]
2) Noticed the Sign of the Beaver symbol and the title. [Looked at the back page]
3) It had a Newberry Award, the title and a Indian boy. [Looked at the back page]

Read the Historical Story Behind the Book by Elizabeth Speare 

Many years ago my husband and I spent a number of vacations at a small fishing camp in Maine. One afternoon, rather bored with dangling a line in the water, I drove into the nearest town of Milo and poked about in the small library. In a slim volume, The History of Milo, I came upon a short anecdote. The story was new to me, but I have since discovered that is has been retold in a number of histories of the state of Maine.
TeacherVision Lessons 
Scholastic Lessons 
Sonoma Lessons 

No comments:

Post a Comment